Maths Olympiad is a yearly contest that tests your ability to solve mathematical problems. If you are looking for ways to improve your chances of winning the Singapore Math Olympiad, then this blog post will be perfect for you!
When you compete in a Maths Olympiad, the time limit will likely be set to an hour. This means you have around 60 minutes to answer 40 questions! That’s not much of a chance if your maths skills are weak or rusty.
In this article, you’ll find seven tips that will prove to be of immense help in improving your chances in the contest. Some of these tips may come as a surprise, but they’re all tested and proven effective. Let’s get started!
- Improve your speed.
- Practice daily by solving as many problems as you can.
- Attempt the problems in a time frame.
- Practice with family members or friends to keep yourself motivated and provide support during your practice sessions.
- Practice various types of questions to improve your skill in different areas.
- Maintain a practice notebook to keep track of your progress and write down any difficulties while solving problems.
- Read the problem carefully before attempting it, do not rush into answering!
There are many benefits associated with Math Olympiad for students, including improving their analytical thinking skills, building confidence, and motivating them to take higher-level mathematics courses in future academic years.