The famous NMIMS or Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies holds a big name for education in business management and the business studies sector. The few prestigious campuses of Narsee Monjee are situated in some prime cities: Mumbai, Dhule, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Shirpur, Indore, and Navi Mumbai. Therefore, competition among the students for more than 1k seats in NMIMS is quite high, and the preparation for the same requirements to be of top quality.
The NPAT aspirants will need some all-encompassing NPAT preparation books of perfect quality for the same purposes. BYJUS’s Exam Prep gives you relevant information on some of the great tips you need to follow to qualify for the NPAT exam.
How to Prepare for NPAT 2022 Exam?
Basically, the NPAT paper consists of threes sections: Reasoning and general intelligence, quantitative and numerical ability, and English. However, you should have a good hold on all these subjects to ace the entrance exam.
That is why speed and accuracy are important factors in the NPAT Exam. Apart from this, you should build a good vocabulary and increase your reading speed without compromising on accuracy.
How To Practice Quantitative & Numerical Ability
In the Quantitive and Numerical ability section, most of the questions are from profit & loss, time & work, time, speed & distance, simple & compound interest. If you are fast with calculations, you can easily attempt more questions and score well in the exam.
- So, the first trick is to memorize all the important basic formulas and revise them daily.
- You should try to complete the syllabus before one or two weeks of the exam to get time for revision.
- As NPAT is a speed-based test, you must solve problems quickly with accuracy.
- Learn all the shortcuts to solve the problems in less time.
- Solving NPAT Question Papers will improve your time problem-solving skills & management skills.
- Also, attempt mock tests every week to test your preparation levels.
Quantitative & Numerical Ability Number System, Arithmetic, Algebra, Sets and Functions, Elementary Statistics & Probability, Trigonometry
Reasoning & General Intelligence
Spatial Reasoning, Critical Thinking, Verbal-logical reasoning, Data sufficiency, Numerical Reasoning, Data Interpretation,
Reading Comprehension, Error Recognition, Applied Grammar, Vocabulary, Contextual Usage, Sequencing of Ideas
BYJU’s Exam Prep experts have suggested some good books for the targeted preparation for the NPAT exam 2022.
- Quantitative and Numerical Ability Books: Quantitative Aptitude Numerical Ability – 1276: Numerical Ability (Fully Solved) 7000 + Objective Questions by Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran
- Reasoning and GI: General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning 2016 by S Chand Experts
- English Language Book: Objective General English (Old Edition) Paperback – 2011 by R.S. Aggarwal
- For Design Sensibility and Awareness: UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined With Mental & Verbal Aptitude Institute of Creative Sciences
- Observation and Problem Solving Book: The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition Kindle Edition by Don Norman
NPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
NMIMS NPAT 2022 Exam Pattern will vary with the question paper sets for the exam to be held in 2 shifts. However, there will be 2 Papers in each shift. Basically, paper 1 is a common test, and Paper 2 is especially for design subjects (only for B.Des Program). NMIMS NPAT 2022 will be conducted from April 2022 to June 2022, through computer-based mode.
- The duration of Paper-1 is 1 hour and 40 min which is divided into three parts for three sections, such as 40 questions in each section. Each section has 40 minutes. Total marks for Paper-1 are 100 marks and no negative marking scheme.
- Paper-2 has objective type multiple choices 60 questions equally divided into three sections such as 20 questions in each section. Each section has 30 minutes. Maximum marks are 60 marks for Paper-2.
- Paper-1 is common for all applicants and covers three subjects: Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Reasoning & GI, and Proficiency in the English Language, and then Paper 2 is to be taken by candidates applying for B.Des Program. However, this test will be started after 10 minutes of completion of Paper-1.