Education is a critical aspect of every child’s upbringing and if you are the parent of a young child who is almost ready for pre-school, you have come to the right place. Here are a few good reasons to enroll your child in an international school.
- English Language – Of course, if you are a native English speaker, so will your child and living in an English-speaking country and attending a typical school, English will come naturally. If, on the other hand, you are not a native English speaker and you live in Thailand, it will be difficult for your child to acquire the English language, unless they study at Niva American International School, where English is the language of instruction.
- Active Learning Strategies – The international school would use either the US or the UK National Curriculum and that incorporates active learning. Rather than the teacher standing in front of the class and teaching, the students form groups and choose interesting topics that they wish to learn about. The active learning teacher is not actually a teacher in the traditional sense, rather they take on the role of facilitator, guiding the students and encouraging active learning.
- Gaining Admission into University – Of course, the obvious goal is for your child to enter the university of their choosing and by studying at a top-rated international school, your child will achieve academic excellence and entering a top university will be much easier. Some BA courses are extremely popular and when there are many applications, the university takes schooling into account and an international education puts you at the top of the list.
- Multi-national Learning Environment – When a young child enters an international school, they will mix with kids from many different nationalities, exposing your child to other cultures and that will; broaden their horizons. Not only will they learn that there are many other cultures, they will come to understand that the colour of a person’s skin makes no difference and all cultures should be respected.
- Academic Excellence – This is one of the major benefits of an international education, as the teachers are imported from the US or UK and they deliver a tried and trusted national curriculum. On average, an international student would attain a higher GPA than a student from a regular school and this is the springboard to a university course.
While an international education will not be cheap, it will fully equip your child to reach their fullest potential and give them the tools they need to enjoy a happy and successful life.
What is your reaction?